Code of Conduct
This document is a living document. Last updated March 24, 2021.
Product Case Camp is a friendly, professional community where members should feel welcome. We seek to create a safe and comfortable environment for members to share ideas, engage in open discussion, hear out different perspectives, and learn with and from each other.
We also ask that members keep the specific interactions during each session confidential, thus creating a safe space for participants to role-play complex scenarios, make mistakes, learn, etc.
It's really important for us to provide a harassment-free experience for everyone inclusive of gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, nationality, or religion.
All participants are required to abide by our code of conduct during our sessions and through online interactions. Any violations will be dealt with seriously and may include being expelled and banned from the program without a refund. This is to protect the safety of our community.
What do we mean by “harassment”? It includes but isn't limited to:
- Offensive comments related to gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, mental illness, neurotype, physical appearance, body size, race, age, nationality, religion or belief, marital and civil partnership status, pregnancy or carer or parental status, familial status, veteran status, citizenship
- Unwelcome comments regarding a person’s lifestyle choices and practices, including those related to food, health, parenting, drugs, and employment
- Homophobic, biphobic, transphobic, racist, or misogynist slurs or comments
- Deliberate misgendering
- Physical contact without consent or after a request to cease
- Threats or acts of violence or intimidation
- Unwelcome sexual attention
- Sharing/displaying sexual or sexualised images
- Deliberate “outing” of any aspect of a person’s identity without their consent
- Harassing photography or recording, including logging online activity for harassment purposes
- Sustained disruption of discussion
- Advocating for or encouraging any of the above behaviours
We prioritise the safety of marginalised people’s safety over privileged people’s comfort.
Participants asked to stop any harassing behaviour are expected to stop immediately. Participants who do not stop after repeated warnings may be removed from the online gathering or event immediately. They may be banned temporarily or indefinitely. If their ongoing subscription is cancelled because of harassment, we reserved the right not to issue a refund for their current month.
If harassment occurs outside of an online space or event organised by Product Case Camp that may impact the safety of our community, we reserve the right to investigate and take appropriate action, for instance banning from future events.
If you are being harassed or made to feel unsafe or unwelcome, please report it as soon as possible. You can help us by reporting any behaviour you think might go against the Code of Conduct.
This code of conduct was based on the code of conduct from LeadDev, which is turn was based on resources from Geek Feminism and XOXO. Thank you all for leading the way on this important issue.